I have released version 2.90 of Dynamic Forms for SharePoint with these changes:
- Added content type choice as possible trigger field.
- Added side-by-sice capabilities.
- Fixed a bug where the link to add tabs were missing for the first setup.
- Changed the function that dynamically resizes the dialog. This new function is created by Sing Chan, and can be found here
- Added a fix for some occurrences where the variable L_Menu_LCID was missing in a SP2013 setup.
- Fixed a bug in SP.UI.RTE.js that occurs when hiding rich text columns in SP2010. The workaround is provided by John Chapman.
Refer these articles for background information and setup instructions:
Dynamic Forms for SharePoint: Production
Dynamic Forms for SharePoint – Now with Tabs
Dynamic Forms for SharePoint: Now with support for SharePoint 2013
In NewForm and DispForm the content type is not visible other than in the URL. You must use the trigger “URL Query string parameter”, and “This value” like this:
Please note that the default content type id not always shows up in the URL. If you click the “New Item” in the ribbon (in SP2010), it is included, but if you click the “Add new item” below the list view, it is not. You should therefore add rules for the “not default content type”.
How to find the ContentTypeId
Go to list settings, click the content type you want the id from, and then look at the URL. You will find it like this:
In EditForm, you can select the content type select ine the trigger fields and address it by its display name.
The yellow input fields is used to specify a common index number for the fields that are to be presented side-by-side. The fields will be lined up with the topmost field in the selection.
Please consider the side-by-side functionality BETA, and report any bugs back to me by adding a comment below.