Classic dffs – block out dates on date field calendar

Forums Classic DFFS Classic dffs – block out dates on date field calendar

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Leon
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Hoping you can help me with a solution. I would like to block out dates available to be chosen from a date field calendar. For instance a due date field I would like the use to not be able to choose anything within 5 days or even business days if possible.. any suggestions? I have not had any luck searching for this type of solution.

Thank you

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

There is unfortunately no function to block the selection of the dates, but you can run a validation after the user has picked the date by adding some custom js and a rule.

Add this to your custom js:

function validateDateField() {
          var dateFieldInternalName = "DateColumn1";
          jQuery(".customDateValidation").remove();
          var today = new Date();
          var date = spjs.utility.getDateFieldAsDateObject(dateFieldInternalName);
          var requiredDateOffset = 6;
          var diffDays = (date - today) / (24*60*60*1000);
          if (diffDays < requiredDateOffset) {
              jQuery("#dffs_"+dateFieldInternalName+" td.ms-formbody").append("<div class='customDateValidation' style='color:red;'>The date must be atleast <strong>"+requiredDateOffset+"</strong> in the future.</div>");
              jQuery("#dffs_"+dateFieldInternalName+" input").val("");
          }
      }

Change “DateColumn1” to match your date field internal name.

Now add a rule that triggers on “is changed” on your date field and add the name of the function to the “Run these functions / evaluate these rules” field like this:

validateDateField

When a selection is made in the field, this code checks if the value selected is 6 days in the future and shows a message and clears the value if it is not at least 6 days ahead.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Fixed code snippet format
      Leon
      Participant

Thank you Alex!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.