Vlookup filter not working

Forums Modern DFFS Vlookup filter not working

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Bernard Sawma
      Participant

Hi alexander, i am facing a problem with vlookup filter!
      I am using the following filter: DemandeId eq ‘[[fieldValue:_vLookupID]]’ where i created a _vLookupID column in the parent list and DemandeId column in the child list with a prefill value! DemandeId value and _VLookupID value are the same! If i click on edit without the filter all items are displaying, but when i insert the filter i am receiving the following message: There are no items matching this query.
      Also to note that filter was working normally before updating DFFS version.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Can you attach (or email me) some screenshots of the vLookup configuration for the filter and the prefill, and of the parent and child items so I can verify the _vLookupID and DemandedId is the same.

Also include the version of Modern DFFS you are using.

Alexander

Bernard Sawma
      Participant

i will send them by email since we can’t upload a zip file here and no more than 4 files allowed

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I looked at the attachments and because it works in NewForm, but not in EditForm I’m wondering if there are any differences in the filter in the vLookup configuration for this vLookup in your NewForm and EditForm?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, I didn’t notice that you had sent both images already. I’ll have to do some tests to see if I can reproduce it.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have tested and cannot reproduce the behavior.

If you open the “Test” list item in your Parent list you should see the items from the Child list items where “DemandedId” is matching the _vLookupID in the parent item.

Which parent item is your screenshot “Edit item (filter not working).png showing?

Alexander

Bernard Sawma
      Participant

i didn’t get your question! can you clarify?
      also to note, that when removing the filter, all items are showing normally, so the problem is with the filter! Can we schedule a call for this issue?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

What I meant with my question was to know which of the “parent” items you had open in the screenshot where the “There are no items matching this query” message was shown.

We can schedule a meeting for tomorrow around this time – just email me the invite.

Alexander

Bernard Sawma
      Participant

thank you dear! will send you an invitation link now

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.