Unexpected call to method or property access

Forums Classic DFFS Unexpected call to method or property access

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

After upgrading to your new licensed 4.x version I am seeing this error on new/edit form in Internet Explorer 9. Not all forms but forms where I have multiple hide/require type rules. Most of which I am also using your functions to perform those tasks due to the complex logic that is easier in a js function then multiple cascading rules. I really, really want to take advantage of other improvements you have made but many of our users are stuck with IE9 for a while longer and this error stops other rules from firing causing the form to not render as expected. It does not happen with your older version. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated Please help!

Did you make any significant changes to the below functions? And do they need to be used in a spedicific order? For instance if I am going to call spjs.dffs.hideFieldsByRule do I need to first need call spjs.dffs.clear_Mandatory?
      spjs.dffs.flag_Mandatory
      spjs.dffs.clear_Mandatory
      spjs.dffs.hideFieldsByRule
      spjs.dffs.unhideFieldsByRule
      spjs.dffs.doReadOnly
      spjs.dffs.undoReadOnly

Version information
      Autocomplete: not loaded
      Cascading dropdowns: 3.525
      DFFS frontend: 4.358
      DFFS frontend CSS: 4.11 / 4.11
      jQuery: 1.11.2
      Lookup: not loaded
      Resource management: not loaded
      SPJS-Utility: 1.253
      vLookup: frontend v2.253

Kasey
      Participant

I was able to dig in a little deeper with IE11. In the details of the error it was referencing hhelp.gif. I removed all field tooltips and the error went away. Are you donig something different with field tooltips that could cause this behaviour in IE9 and IE11 compatability mode? I wonder if it could be an issue with trying to apply a tooltip to a hidden field?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you attach an image of the actual error message from the console?

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Please find the requested images.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.