Unusual error 1.0.59.0 – Configuring NewForm does not open

Forums Modern DFFS Unusual error 1.0.59.0 – Configuring NewForm does not open

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wayne Thompson
      Participant

Unusual error in version 1.0.59.0 – Configuring NewForm does not open the configuration screen at all.

I am able to open up the configuration screens for DispForm and EditForm with no issues.

Thanks,
      Wayne

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Is this a configuration you have made in an earlier version?

Do you see any errors in the developer console (F12 > Console) when you try to enter the configuration?

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
      Participant

Yes this was a configuration I originally made in an earlier version?

Do you see any errors in the developer console (F12 > Console) when you try to enter the configuration? – Yes, please see attached

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think this might be related to a field that has been deleted from the list, but it is used in for example a rule in the form.

I have made some changes earlier to try to catch this kind of errors, but I might have missed something.

Do you know if a field has been deleted recently? – if so, do you know where in the config it was used?

You can open the configuration list (/Lists/DFFSConfigurationList/AllItems.aspx) and manually edit the configuration blob to remove that field, or you can delete the config for that form to start over.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
      Participant

You are a rock star! 🙂

As always.

I opened the configuration list (/Lists/DFFSConfigurationList/AllItems.aspx) and manually edited the configuration blob to remove references to two deleted fields in the Rules section.

Thanks,
      Wayne

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Where did you remove the deleted fields (what part of the config)? – I need to know to be able to catch this error in future versions.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
        Participant

Hi! 🙂

“…Where did you remove the deleted fields (what part of the config)? – I need to know to be able to catch this error in future versions…”

-In my scenario, in the RulesJSON part of the config.

See attached.

Thanks,
        Wayne

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification,
      Unfortunately I was not able to recreate the error. What kind of field was “CreatorDepartment”? – maybe it is related to a specific field type.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
      Participant

CreatorDepartment was simply my field name that I originally created a rule referencing and then changed the way I was going to use the field and then deleted the field from the list settings.

Thanks,
      Wayne

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks,
      I have made one change that I’m pretty sure will prevent this issue in the future. I’ll publish a new version later this week.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.