I have made some further enhancements to the require.js loading method for “Custom JS files” in the Custom JS tab. Based on the feedback, I’m fairly confident it will work as it did before Microsoft decided to include require.js in SharePoint online.
I have now released a new version with a few changes, and hopefully a final fix for the loading custom js files problem. See change log and additional help text in the Custom JS tab in DFFS.
In addition to the hopefully last fix on the load custom js files, I have made a a hopefully significant improvement on the load time in large forms. Please report back how the load time changes with this new version.
There is unfortunately one issue with the latest version related to loading of custom js files and the custom js textarea.
If you have a rule triggering onload that calls on a function loaded in custom js, this rule will fail with an error message telling that the function isn’t defined.
The reason for this is that the loading of the require.js script that’s used for loading all other dependencies will defer the loading of custom js for a few milliseconds – enough for the rules to trigger.
I have tried to fix it, and a new version of the DFFS_frontend_min.js file can be downloaded here.
Please let me know if this fixes the issue, and I’ll wrap up a full package of files with this patch.
I have updated the DFFS user manual with the latest changes, but please let me know if I have forgotten something.
To all that has reported issues with the latest version: Please test to see if the issues have been fixed, and either reply to this post, or follow up on the forum post where the issue was first raised.
I want to thank all who has provided feedback on bugs and enhancement proposals, and I want to send a special big thanks to Rudolf Vehring for his help with testing this and previous version – and for providing valuable feedback and suggestions.