Thanks for the patience!
I have now released a new version with a few changes, and hopefully a final fix for the loading custom js files problem. See change log and additional help text in the Custom JS tab in DFFS.
In addition to the hopefully last fix on the load custom js files, I have made a a hopefully significant improvement on the load time in large forms. Please report back how the load time changes with this new version.
Post your findings below, or use the forum.
There is unfortunately one issue with the latest version related to loading of custom js files and the custom js textarea.
If you have a rule triggering onload that calls on a function loaded in custom js, this rule will fail with an error message telling that the function isn’t defined.
The reason for this is that the loading of the require.js script that’s used for loading all other dependencies will defer the loading of custom js for a few milliseconds – enough for the rules to trigger.
I have tried to fix it, and a new version of the DFFS_frontend_min.js file can be downloaded here.
Please let me know if this fixes the issue, and I’ll wrap up a full package of files with this patch.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
I have fixed a few bugs and changed a few things based on feedback on the previous release – you find the change log here.
I have updated the DFFS user manual with the latest changes, but please let me know if I have forgotten something.
To all that has reported issues with the latest version: Please test to see if the issues have been fixed, and either reply to this post, or follow up on the forum post where the issue was first raised.
I want to thank all who has provided feedback on bugs and enhancement proposals, and I want to send a special big thanks to Rudolf Vehring for his help with testing this and previous version – and for providing valuable feedback and suggestions.
I have gotten some feedback on the latest version, and are working on investigating and resolving these issues. See the log below for status:
Loading external JS files in Custom JS
There are some problems loading external files like jQuery UI in the “Load these files before executing the Custom JS” textarea in the Custom JS tab.
I have looked into it, and on SharePoint online it’s related to the require.js module loader being loaded with SharePoint. This makes for example jQuery UI detect the presence of require.js and therefore registers itself as a require.js module and not on the global jQuery object.
I’m still not done investigating, but you may try this approach: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/sharepoint-online-require-js/#post-17049
You may also try jQuery UI v1.10.4 instead of v1.12.1 as the 126.96.36.199 version is the last one without detection of require.js / AMD.
Operator select on rules fails to set options as “disabled”
Depending on the trigger type used in rules, some of the operators in the dropdows should be disabled. This doesn’t always work so you may end up with selecting a operator that isn’t actually valid for that trigger.
Using the option to load files from a custom DFFS folder
When using this option in the new DFFS installer, the overlay and loader was still referred from the default “DFFS” folder. This will be fixed to all files are loaded from the custom folder.
Missing “is not equal” operator on multichoice fields
This will be in place in the next release.
Set field value in rules: Only if the field is empty
The “Only if the field is empty” checkbox failed to save the checked state, and therefore this setting was not respected in the rule – overwriting a previously set value in case this rule was triggered.
Missing tooltip icon in some cases
I changed the default tooltip icon from the built in “/_layouts/images/hhelp.gif” to a unicode character. Unfortunately this unicode character wasn’t available in all platforms – effectively rendering the icon as a square. I have added a new default tooltip icon in the next release.
Due to the investigation of the custom js loading issues I have fallen a bit behind on replying to forum posts and other feedback on the latest release – and also haven’t been able to get the user manuals updated with the latest changes to DFFS and the plugins. I hope to get up to speed during the weekend.
I have uploaded a new BETA version of DFFS and plugins.
I’m sorry for the long delay from the previous BETA, and that I cannot give you a production ready release.
Based on feedback from the previous BETA I had to do some changes to how multichoice field triggers was handled, and this turned out to be a bit more complicated than I first anticipated.
When I was at it, I ended up doing quite a bit more work to enhance the DFFS backend experience – with for example better version control and backup and restore functionality.
Read the change log and get the DFFS-package here, and please post any feedback in the forum.
I have spent a lot of time last week and in the weekend trying to sort out some problems with “on-change rules” that surfaced in the last BETA version. Due to the changes in the “debug output”, it became clear that there were some issues that needed attention. The problem is related to using multiple rules on the same trigger – for example a multi choice field.
This means I’ll have to do some changes to how the “on-change rules” are handled, and release a new BETA – hopefully later this week or next weekend.
My ISP is haveing trouble with the server where I host spjsfiles.com. It will hopefully be up within a few hours, but if it’s not I’ll have to look at other methods of making the source files available.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have finally managed to get the partner registration form published. You it here: https://spjsblog.com/partner-registration/
Please let me know if you have any questions by posting in the forum.