20.10.2010 Updated code to add some more features: Edit list properties: “Hidden”, “ShowUser”, “Ordered”, “Direction”. Field properties: ShowInDIP (document information panel) and cross site lookup functionality for a standard SharePoint lookup column. The article is updated and describes the changes.
- Hidden: Hide the list so that it does not appear on the Documents and Lists page, Quick Launch bar, Modify Site Content page, or Add Column page as an option for lookup fields.
- ShowUser: Specify that names of users are shown in “Created by” and “Modified by” fields.
- Ordered: Specify that the option to allow users to reorder items in the list is available on the Edit View page for the list.
- Direction: LTR if the reading order is left-to-right, RTL if it is right-to-left.
- Hidden: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the list.
- ReadOnly: Specifies whether values in the field can be modified.
- Required: Determines whether the field requires values.
- Show In NewForm: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the form that is used to create list items.
- Show In DispForm: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the form for displaying list items.
- Show In EditForm: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the form that is used to edit list items.
- Show In DIP: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the “Document Information Panel” in compatible Microsoft Office applications. Only available for document libraries.
- Show In List Settings: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the page for customizing list settings.
- Show In Version History: Specifies whether the field is displayed in the page for viewing list item versions.
- Show In View Forms: Specifies whether the field is displayed in pages that are used to view list data.
- Lookup column web and list association (cross site lookup): Change the web and list association for a lookup column – Note: If you do this, all existing elements in this column will be lost. The cross site option is only available for site collection administrators!
Create a WebPartPage, insert a CEWP, and paste the code.
You find the code here