Claude Cassidy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: vLookup Default Folder Structure #34439
    Claude Cassidy
    Participant

    Hi Alexander. Not a problem, thanks again for all the help. when you mentioned that the rootfolder needed to be created first, I created a workflow that adds a rootfolder, based off of the Registration Number field, to the document library, then on the editform I adjusted the vlookup “add new item to this folder” to point to [currentItem:RegistrationNumber]/Legal Documents and all is working well now. Thanks a million for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

    in reply to: vLookup Default Folder Structure #34415
    Claude Cassidy
    Participant

    Hi Alexander. Thanks so much for the fast reply. Okay so I created a variable using the custom JS tab as per your reply above, however it seems the Var is not being captured, when using the the {var:vLookupFolderName} in the “Add new items to this folder” and trying the vLookup, it shows the following error when trying to upload a document.

    The file or folder name “Credit App Legal Documents//Legal Documents/Test Document.pdf contains invalid characters. Please use a different name. Common invalid characters include the following: # % & * : < > ? / { | }

    It seems that the space between the two // is what is causing the issue, as that’s where the variable is supposed to be adding the “Title” name. I have tested the variable by setting a rule to set a field to {var:vLookupFolderName} when Title is changed and it only shows the last part which is /legal documents and not what the field Title has been set to. Any idea what could be causing this at all?

    in reply to: Cascading Dropdowns Autimatically Populate #29843
    Claude Cassidy
    Participant

    Hi Alex.

    You are correct, after trying to create 40 x each field I realized it was not practical.

    We have managed to sort it out via a vLookup, pulling in the users that work under the current logged in user (built a query in the vLookup to check if the current logged in user is the same as the Manager.) This works 100%. So the Manager opens the form and the query automatically pulls his employees information through including days and week hours.

    I have been tasked with embedding a list view on a separate tab, which I have done now, but have been asked to see if its possible to not show the SharePoint Menus but only to show the List itself. I have attached a screenshot of the Embedded list and highlighted in red what I have been asked to show. I have also added a screenshot of the HTML code I am currently using for the Embedded List

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)