- Browser compatibility tested in:
- How to use this solution
- For SharePoint 2007
- For SharePoint 2010
- Add this code block to the CEWP:
- Variable “accConstructor” explained:
- How to find the FieldInternalName
- Link directly to a section:
- Overriding native SharePoint functions
- Finale notes
- Like this:
19.03.2011 v2.1 adds the ability to call a function after the section has expanded. You can specify a shared function that will be called on every section, and/or a function that is called on one specific section.
The CEWP code must be updated from v2.0 to include the new parameters.
- Full SP2007 and SP2010 support for both lists and document libraries
- Works for all standard field types (Custom field types are not guaranteed to work)
- A field can be used in multiple section
- You can have a section displaying all fields
- You can have a section catching all orphans (fields that are not displayed in any other section). Useful if one adds columns to a list without updating the script call.
- Highlights section if a field fails validation upon save
- Use a URL query string parameter to expand a specific section
Browser compatibility tested in:
- IE6 (Works in SP2007 only due to SP2010 incompatibility with IE6)
- Firefox 3.6.13
- Google Chrome 8.0.552.237
- Safari 5.0.2
How to use this solution
Upload the file to your script repository. This can be a shared document library in the site where you will be using the solution (ensure ALL users have read access).
For each of the forms (NewForm.aspx, DispForm.aspx and EditForm.aspx) add a Content Editor Web Part (CEWP) below the form.
To put the page in edit mode, modify the URL like this:
Add this code block to the CEWP:
This is explained in detail below.
You must change the “src” to “AccordionForSharePointForms.js” to match your local file. If you like to use a local instance of jQuery, change that as well.
You must also change this example to match your columns FieldInternalName.
The call to the function “init_buildAccordionForm” takes two parameters:
accConstructor: The object constructed in “var accConstructor”.
selectedAcc: Integer that specifies which section to preselect.
Variable “accConstructor” explained:
I have added the attachment row as a “field” you can insert in a selected section. It is named “attachments”. Look at the example CEWP code and the image.
How to find the FieldInternalName
Link directly to a section:
Specify the section to preselect in the URL like this:
This is true only for unmodified forms. If you have modified the form in SharePoint designer, you will have to look at the function “init_fields_v2()” in the code to adapt it to your custom form. You will find a bit more information here.
To overcome some issues with rich text fields I had to override one function: RTE_OnFocus.
I have added one line to the bottom of the function:
To catch “empty field validation” on date and time columns “pre save”, I had to override the function “PreSaveItem”. I have added one line to the top of the function:
This will not interfere with the use of the function “PreSaveAction” often used to “do stuff” before save.
The solution is licensed under the MIT X11 license. You find the license agreement by clicking the little (c) to the left of the lower button row.
I have set the initial release to v2.0 as I have previously posted a similar solution.
Ask if anything is unclear