Training Registration app

Forums Classic DFFS Training Registration app

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy Taylor
      Participant

hello

has anyone created a Training Registration app, using sharepoint workflow and dffs? can anyone show me how I can setup the forms for approvals

AdamP
      Participant

Hi Timothy

Can you explain what you mean by training registration, and perhaps the steps in the process?

I created a simple self booking system for seats in seminars with DFFS. There isn’t any approval process but you could add that if needed.
      The subject, dates and available places are predefined by an admin, end users simply choose a ‘slot’ and book by adding their name to the list item (or someone else’s name). DFFS is used to limit which fields can be edited (and by which people), and also limits editing to either the person booked into the slot, the person who last modified the item or defined admins.
      I’m not sure if that’s along the lines of what you need, but if you want more detail let me know.
      Adam

Timothy Taylor
        Participant

hello Adam

I currently have 2 lookup list. one for The managers of that department that approve and other list has all the training courses and dates.

I have one main list where all the training is inputted. This list kicks off a sharepoint 2013 workflow (inside the workflow I use a task list to assign the task to a manager stage, then a finance stage and another stage to the original user.
        I saw someone has posted a screenshot like the one below.

if I can use dffs with the workflow then great but I use the workflows now for the task approvals and to send email

Attachments:
      AdamP
      Participant

Afraid I can’t see the details in the attachment image.
      Can you outline how you need the workflow and form to work together, and what you need DFFS/workflow to do that isn’t currently working as you want it to?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi Timothy,
      If you could post a few more screenshots and details like AdamP requested I’ll see what I can do to help.

Alexander

Timothy Taylor
      Participant

thanks for your responses

My main purpose is to have the users use one form. The users do not want a second step of going into the task form to approve
      below is an example I saw from a user name “Rich Rockwell”
      it looks like this could work for me
      https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/dffs-form-examples/

I am attaching a couple of screen shots

First Stage
      I have one main form. This is where the user updates all of their training info, this form does a lookup from traininglookup list(also attached) and another lookup list Program(that stores all the managers) Once the main form is saved and status is changed to submitted I then send an email and assign a task to the manager. The lookups get auto populated based on a selection of the conference that was chosen and the Program that was chosen.

Second Stage
      If the manager approves the task that they were sent by the sharepoint 2013 workflow the item gets routed to Finance. they are sent an email and are assigned a task.

Third Stage
      If Finance approves then Original Requestor, Manager and Finance will receive another notification and then workflow goes to fully approved status.

Four Stage
      I calculate a date within the workflow that send a task to the requestor 14 days after the close of their training date.

Other things I do:
      I have another workflow that I call to always save comments(that are appended) on the main user form
      I also add the data populated from the fields inside the emails to the users

Let me know if you need any other info

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have looked at your details and will post a possible solution later this week – possibly during the weekend.

Alexander

Timothy Taylor
        Participant

Hello Alexander

Did you have a chance to work on a possible solution

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but I got stuck with fixing an error in a DFFS trigger. I’ll hopefully get this finished tonight and will continue on your question / request tomorrow or Tuesday.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry again, but I spent the evening chasing a bug in the Autocomplete plugin and could not find time to document this solution. I’ll do my best to get it done within a few days and post an update here.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.