Cascading menus in Modern?

Forums Modern DFFS Cascading menus in Modern?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Alexander, I swear I’ve searched your forum first before starting this topic, but can’t seem to figure it out; in Modern DFFS there is no obvious Cascading Menu option as in Classic. Is the vLookup thing the replacement mechanism?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The way you do this in Modern DFFS is just to add a REST filter on your second field – – look at the user manual (page 17). When the field referred in the REST filter changes, the field is re-rendered.

Look at this forum thread for more details: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/cascading-menu/

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Hi, Alexander.

As a follow-up on the cascading menu question, after getting the cascade working, the client has come back to say that the subsidiary menu must be multi-select. For instance, to follow the example you used in your user manual, they are asking that when the user selects a Country, they should then be able to select anywhere from 1 to 5 Regions from the cascaded menu.

So…

Drop-down one: Choose ‘US’
      Drop-down two: Choose ‘Massachusetts’ and ‘Vermont’

I’ve read through the manual and looked at settings in DFFS and can’t find a way to work this. I thought I might change to using the ‘lookup field’ instructions in the DFFS User Manual, but I haven’t been able to get the subsidiary menu to be controlled by the main menu.

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Alexander, please disregard my question from July 6 about multi-select. I figured it out after building a trio of test lists. I had the wrong internal name on my filter…

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.