X axis labels

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint X axis labels

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      I have a chart showing a sum of entries by status in a column chart.
      I want to have the categories shown in the legend to be along the x axis but can’t figure it out, it only ever shows a numeric scale.

Any suggestions?

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You must add a screenshot of your chart config (basic setup tab where the fields are selected) and also a line from your datasource so I can see how the values look like in the fields you use in the chart.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Will do tomorrow when I get into work.

Phil Grant
      Participant
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The second column must be specified as “String” and not Number – it isn’t a number and parsing it as a number will fail. If you use “String” it will be counted as 1 if the column is not empty, and as 0 if it is empty.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I’m sure that I’ve already tried that, I’m not at work at the moment to try it again, when I did that the grouping count doesn’t work and I get hundreds of small bars instead of the few distinct groups.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see, just change order of the fields in the chart config so the one using the title is the first column.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I eventually got it to work …. sort of, I now have a chart with the right labels but I had to get rid of the ‘split options in separate series’ on the status column but not the ‘colorByLabel’ option no longer works =, I can live with that though.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.