Working on it… takes long with many fields (not DFFS)

Forums General discussion Working on it… takes long with many fields (not DFFS)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi all,

we have one Custom List with about 60 Date Fields and I believe this is the reason why it takes around 45 seconds to load the Edit Form (Working on it…). View Form takes a bit less time to load.

It’s not due to DFFS, but I did try to hide all date fields from the Edit Form as those dates are updated using the spreadsheet view anyway, but hiding them in DFFS didn’t really help. I think they are still being loaded, but not shown as per DFFS config.

All I need in the Edit Form is a few text fields and Attachments.

Is there any way this process could be improved?

I’d appreciate any advise on this.

Many thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

All fields are loaded with a DFFS form, but only the ones that are part of a tab is visible.

I haven’t tested with this amount of date fields but it is most likely an issue with the query to get the current form values when there are so many date fields.

One possible workaround if you don’t need to use the fields in the form is to try enabling support for content types in the list settings and remove all the fields you don’t need in the form from the default content type. You should still be able to use datasheet view to edit the fields.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

sorry for a late reply – only just got to it now.

I don’t seem to have any options for the content type in the affected list settings page.

Have I not enabled something on my SharePoint site?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can turn on support for content types in List settings > Advanced settings > Allow management of content types?.

When you have done this, you see the content types in the list settings page and can add and remove fields in the default content type.

Please note that I’m not 100% sure this will make a huge difference in loading speed, but it might.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.