WorkFlow Status Beta

Forums Classic DFFS WorkFlow Status Beta

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rick Nichols
      Participant

Hi Alex. Our network can become very slow and when this occurs the workflows can take minutes to complete, so I used the Workflow Status BETA rule to provide a pop message.

This works great for me, but does not for the users (The users can see the workflow status when looking at views.)

Is this a permission issue do you think and any suggestions ?
      Regards Rick

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure, but it sounds like a permission issue. Please try this in the console (hit F12 > Console) for the user this does not work for (run it in the console when the list item is open either in DispForm or EditForm, and do not open it in a dialog because it is more difficult to attach the console to the correct form):

spjs.utility.getItemByID({ "listName": _spPageContextInfo.pageListId, "id": spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID, "viewFields": ["CreateTask"] }).CreateTask;

Change CreateTask with the internal name of your workflow column.

What is the output in the console when you run this snippet?

Alexander

Rick Nichols
      Participant

Alex, I am embarrassed to say that despite my repeated request to them to confirm it was not working on the edit form, once I physically took over their PCs, its clear they did not understand the difference between edit and view forms.

But on a positive the workflow rule works as expected 🙂 Apoligies for this.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

No problem, I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.