What mechanism is DFFS using to send email?

Forums Modern DFFS What mechanism is DFFS using to send email?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Hi, Alexander

In my company we don’t yet have Exchange in the Cloud enabled, and we’re not allowed to use the ‘Send an email notification (V3)’ connector in Automate. We’ve been sending email from SharePoint using the HTTP connector, instead, while waiting for the Exchange migration. One of my site owners asked whether DFFS is using the Mail V3 or another method, because sending mail in DFFS is so much easier than it is in Automate right now, and we don’t want to set up workflows with DFFS and then discover that it’s using the banned connector. I’d appreciate any clarity you can bring to this.

-Jorah

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

I finally found the name of the connector we’re not allowed to use, it’s ‘SendGrid Mail connector v2’ and ‘SendGrid Mail connector v3’

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The emails in DFFS are sent using the REST api in PnPJS: https://pnp.github.io/pnpjs/sp/sp-utilities-utility/#sendemail

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Thanks, Alexander. I appreciate you and this amazing toolset you’ve built. Everyone I show the new DFFS to is astonished by it!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m happy to hear that people like the new DFFS!

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.