vLookups intermittent issue

Forums SPJS-Lookup vLookups intermittent issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Recently a few users noticed that sometimes they get an error “Enter setup to configure this vLookup.” when they open a tap with a vLookup – then when I check its not there and the users also don’t see this anymore. Everything worked fine for like 2 years and this only started happening recently. Is there a way to troubleshoot and prevent this?

Cheers,
      Sarah

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This error shows when there are no config, or the user does not have access to read the configuration list. If the user does not get the error every time it might be something that randomly makes the query fail, but it’s hard to tell without seeing an error message.

If you are able to recreate it, please try it with the developer console open (hit F12 and select Console) and show me any red error messages.

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
      Participant

We are experiencing this issue for a user that has read access to the configuration list. It is happening on a vLookup to a folder in a document library. The user can access the document library folder.

The dev tools has one 404 error, but that is for their profile photo (Request URL: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/redacted/photo/$value). Everything else is 200.

Ivan Wilson
      Participant

And the answer was read access to the SPJS_vLookupSettings list

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.