vLookup Questions

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup Questions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Danielle Arcuri
      Participant

Question 1: Is there a way to view the vlookup table as a data sheet view that you can edit?

Question 2: When editing an item from the vlookup table is there a way to save and go to next item displayed in vlookup table without saving and exiting the pop up and then clicking edit on the next item?

Thank you.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You can enable editing of fields by using custom js – see this article for instructions: https://spjsblog.com/2019/08/31/vlookup-inline-editing-examples/

I don’t have a ready solution to your second questions, but it is possible to do with custom js, but maybe editing directly in the vLookup table might be easier.

Alexander

Danielle Arcuri
        Participant

Hello! This worked for one of my lists and I attempted to do it on another list and it did not work. I changed the GUID and the FIN. Any other ideas?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

It’s hard to tell without looking at it, but you can start by verifying that you have added the code to the correct form (NewForm, DispForm or EditForm). If that is OK you can hit F12 and select Console to see if there are any errors there (in red) that could give some hints about what could be wrong.

Alexander

Danielle Arcuri
      Participant

Ok thank you.

One more question:

I have my parent list with 2 child lists.

Child list 1 is connected to a different SP site collection
      Child list 2 is connected in same site as parent.

Can I prefill a value in Child 2 from Child 1?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand. If both Child1 and Child2 are children of the same parent you cannot prefill a value in Child2 from Child1 – only from the parent list as set up in the “Prefill values in child” in the vLookup config.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.