vLookup query error: 5000 items limit

Forums SPJS-Lookup vLookup query error: 5000 items limit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Sarah
    Participant

Hi there,

I have noticed an error in my Forms where I’m using vLookup. This vLookup gets items from another List which have just passed the 5000 item limit threshold. Now every time I’m going to the tab which shows the vLookup field, there is an error coming up:

Error in query for the field “vLookupEmails”: The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.

I found that in 2015 you had updated the spjs-utility.js to handle large lists (SPJS-Utility updated with support for querying large lists) but our spjs-utility.js version is 1.328 and the latest I saw on the download repository was 1.257

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    To fix this you must index the column you use in the query in your vLookup configuration. Go to list setting in the child list and add it to the Indexed columns.

SPJS-utlity.js version is not relevant, but it is now part of the DFFS package and not downloadable separately.

Alexander

Sarah
    Participant

Great! Adding the query field to the indexed columns did the trick.

Thanks Alex!

Cheer,
    Sarah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.