vLookup on Calendar list

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup on Calendar list

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Jay Baldwin
      Participant

Hello Alexander – Does vLookup to a calendar list require any special setup?

The ‘add new item’ button appears on the parent Edit form and launches the child calendar list new form as expected. The new item is created in the child list. However, the prefill values are not saved. Do I need to do anything special with a calendar or picture library?

Thank you!

Jay

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You must have DFFS installed in this form, and you must save the config for the form (it doesn’t need to have any configuration, but it must be saved).

Does it make any difference?

Alexander

Jay Baldwin
      Participant

DFFS_Installer.aspx shows status = Installed for all three forms for the Calendar
      I confirmed there is a configuration saved for the forms

It is not working.

Using v4.4.4.17 – December 19, 2019|CSS version: 4.48 / 4.48|spjs-utility version: 1.342

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

In the top right corner (over the Delete button) you see a “Last saved” timestamp – is it showing a timestamp, or is it empty?

Alexander

Jay Baldwin
      Participant

Yes, there are timestamps:

The child form (/lists/reportdeliverablescalendar/newform.aspx) Last saved: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 4:45:01 PM

The parent form (/lists/reportdeliverables/editform.aspx) Last saved: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 11:36:10 AM

Jay

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, then I will need some screenshots of your vLookup config and of your NewForm in your Calendar list (when you have clicked the New item button in vLookup).

For me to see it you must have the fields you try to fill visible in the form.

Alexander

Jay Baldwin
      Participant
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The field _vLookupParentID is not showing in the NewForm and my guess is that it has not been added to the content type your form currently uses. Go into list settings, click the content type and add _vLookupParentID.

Alexander

Jay Baldwin
      Participant

That worked! The OOTB SharePoint calendar list uses the Event content type. Thank you, Alexander!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad we were able to figure it out – and thank you for your donation!

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.