vLookup inline editing example

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup inline editing example

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have removed the original code example from this post and instead added a page with more updated examples here: https://spjsblog.com/2019/08/31/vlookup-inline-editing-examples/

Alexander

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Gave some more instructions about number vs text entries
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Alexander Bautz.
      Charlene
      Participant

Thank you for such amazing instructions! I tried this out and it works great on a multichoice field and a single line of text field, but when I try to edit a people picker field and a date field, the values don’t save because they say they’re invalid. See attached image.

Do you have any tips you can share for this?

Attachments:
        Ray Stopa
        Participant

How did you get this to work with a Multichoice and/or dropdown field?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately this would require a custom functions for looking up the user id from the name you type in as the value accepted by a people picker when writing to it with this method is the user id and not the name.

The date must also have its own custom function / date picker as the format must be ISO8601 like this: “2017-09-20T20:15:00”.

Unfortunately I’m a bit behind on other things and cannot help you with this now.

Maybe someone else has already made this and are willing to share it here?

Alexander

Ray Stopa
      Participant

Alexander – do you know if inline editing can be done with a dropdown field, similar to Quick Edit?

Ray Stopa
      Participant

This is awesome, truly appreciated. I will give these a try next week and let you know how it goes.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.