vLookup Fields not auto-populating

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup Fields not auto-populating

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne Maki
      Participant

Hi! I am using DFFS v4.4.3.64 and am using a few vLookup fields based on cascading drop-downs. I’d like to ensure that when the user loads the form and chooses drop-down values that the other fields auto-display. Right now, the user is seeing just the refresh icon, which the user will need to click on before seeing the value. Then they would have to do the same action after selecting another value from the drop-down. How can I do this within this version of DFFS?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      There is no built in function to refresh a vLookup when you change a cascading dropdown, but you can set up a rule that triggers on change of the cascading dropdown field, and have this call a function by putting the function name refresh_vLookup in the Run these functions / trigger these rules field.

Put this function to your Custom JS:

function refresh_vLookup(){
        spjs.vLookup._init("vLookupTasks",false,true);
      }

Replace vLookupTasks with the internal name of your vLookup field.

Alexander

Anne Maki
      Participant

Thanks for the reply, Alexander. When I set the function up and call it from the Rules tab, I am getting the error that I need to add the spjs_path variable to the front CEWP html file. However, I looked and I did see it already set up:
      var spjs_path = “/SPJS/DFFS”

I am using SP2013, does that make a difference?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It is designed to work with SP 2013 so that should not be an issue.

Can you post some screenshots of the setup and the error so I can look at it and try to understand why you receive it?

Alexander

Anne Maki
      Participant

Here are a couple of attachments. One is the error message I get after adding Custom JS and the other is the set-up of the CEWP front end HTML.

Anne

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure why this is happening, but I see that you uses the old CEWP installations method. I recommend that you update to the “local installer” method like descried here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#Set_up_the_8220Local_installer8221

This will not affect the other lists you have installed DFFS in – only the one you choose to change the installation method for. I recommend that you use the button to remove all CEWPs from the form before installing DFFS with the new installer.

PS: Your config for DFFS will not be affected – when you reinstall DFFS it will pop back.

Alexander

Anne Maki
      Participant

Thank you Alexander. That worked!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad you got it sorted out.

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.