vLookup Document upload form

Forums Modern DFFS vLookup Document upload form

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Alex,

when using the vLookup function in combination with Documents when uploading a document in the classic dffs a form popped up to enter details for the document.

this is not happening in the modern DFFS or am I missing a checkbox? When the document is uploaded and the edit pencil is pressed the form comes up to edit details.

thanks.
      Christoph

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This is not an option in the current version, but I’ll look at adding that functionality in a future version.

Alexander

this would be not only a great addition but in my oppinion a must feature ;-).

Any guess for the time of implementation?

Same would apply for list items (if this is not already the case – not used yet)

thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m planning a new version hopefully over the weekend, but I’m not sure if I’ll be ale to get this one in that release – I’ll see what I can manage. If not, it should be fixed in a week or two.

Lists already work as the form is the primary input so you fill in the form and save.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I added this new functionality in the new version – can you test it and let me know how it works?

Alexander

Hi Alex,

adding documents and opening the edit screen works like a charm but maybe it is me not doing the setup correct but it seems the prefill of values does not work correctly.

screenshot attached of the setup but it does not prefill the fields.

best.
      Christoph

Attachments:

ok, it was my bad… everything works like a charm.

regarding the lookupvalue… in the classic dffs there has been the values vLookupID and vLookupParentID to match entries. For the modern DFFS is this to be done manually by matching and fill fields?

best

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked – I just tested and could not reproduce it…

Regarding the ID, you can still use _vLookupID and _vLookupParentID if you like – if you add the _vLookupID column to your list, it will auto-populate like it did before.

You can also use a column named “_DFFSID” – add it to your list and use the automatically generated ID to transfer to a field you can call _DFFS_ParentID (or whatever you like) and use the same logic as for _vLookupID and _vLookupParentID.

I just realized that I had not documented this in the user manual – I’ll add it.

Alexander

Hi Alex,

so I tried the setup with the _vLookupID and _vLookupParentID as I used to do with the classic DFFS.

The Filter in the vLookup in the Parent List is _vLookupParentID eq [[fieldValue:_vLookupID]]

but when trying on the frontend it says the syntax is not valid.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

The filter value must be in single quotes like this:

_vLookupParentID eq '[[fieldValue:_vLookupID]]'

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

No problem – I forgot a little quirk when using a field that starts with an underscore in a rest filter – you must prefix the field name with OData_ like this:

OData__vLookupParentID eq '[[fieldValue:_vLookupID]]'

Alexander

last for tonight.

so far so good. when using the prefill function for the IDs I get an error when uploading a file.

it says

The property XX is not existing for type YY. make sure to use only defined property names.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

It might be a similar issue related to using an underscore – try changing the name of the _vLookupParentID field to not start with an underscore (you must delete it and recreate it without the underscore) and see if that helps.

Alexander

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.