vLookup Document Link

Forums General discussion vLookup Document Link

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      HYM
      Participant

hi Alex, when setting a vLookup as read only the title url will not be accessible how to solve it?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure what you mean by “Tile url” – is it the buttons to view or edit the item? – if so, this is by design. What is it you mean to achieve by setting it as readonly exactly – just to remove the new item button?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

I want to make the title clickable and redirect the user to the document or open the document in new browser tab.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you show me a screenshot of how it looks before and after you set it to readonly?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Will share you a screenshot tomorrow but it’s like a normal vlookup with view and edit buttons but when is set it as readonly the user cannot access the document I just need to make the title clickable so he can view/download it.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tested now with using FileLeafRef as viewField, and the link is not removed when setting it as readonly.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

So I have to use the fileleafref to make my title clickable? I don’t want to show the whole url I just want to make the document title href. I will check if I am using old version of Dffs.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure how you have done it earlier, but using FileLeafRef gives you a clickable link with the name of your document as the clickable text, and the full path of the document as the link.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Hi Alex it worked with the fileLearef but check the screenshot pls why this error is appearing?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Is this happening when you try to add a new document?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

yes on new form. and i want to know how we can solve the versioning issue if i don’t want to replace a document with an existing one with the same name.

HYM
      Participant

alex don’t bother yourself with the error i found the issue any hint on versionning?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t know how to do that without using some kind of code or workflow to actually rename the documents to make them unique. A document library acts just like a normal folder – drop in a file with the same name as another file and it will prompt you to overwrite.

Alexander

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.