vLookup Document Library Overwrite

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup Document Library Overwrite

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      John Garrido
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I am using vLookup with a document library. When I click the folder icon and open the modal box I can drag an drop files as expected. If I try and drag and drop a file with the same name the message appears asking if I would like to overwrite the file. When I click the ‘Replace it’ button it won’t execute. Works fine in IE. Any thoughts? Thanks as always for your guidance.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which browser are you using? I did a test now with Google Chrome and it works in my setup. Try hitting F12 to bring up the developer console, select “Console” and look for error messages there when you try this again.

Alexander

John Garrido
      Participant

Hi Alex,

It shows an error when using the Microsoft Edge browser. DismissConflictDlg is not defined

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tested it in Edge and cannot recreate it. Could you add some screenshots of the process so I can try to do exactly like you do?

Alexander

John Garrido
      Participant

Image 1 is drag and drop of a file with the same name.
      Image 2 is the console when you click the replace it button.
      Image 3 is what shows up when you review the script block.

Thanks for taking a look.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m unable to recreate this in Office 365 and think this may be an issue withe the version of SP you are running. You can try to fix it by adding this to your Custom JS:

function DismissConflictDlg(){
        return true;
      }

If it doesn’t do anything, you might have to add a script editor web part to the list view you are opening and wrap the function in a <script> tag.

Alexander

John Garrido
      Participant

Turns out the dragdrop.js file does not load in an iframe for on premises when using Edge or Chrome browsers. To resolve I was able to add the following pathway (/_layouts/15/dragdrop.js) to the ‘Load these files before executing the Custom JS’.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.