vLookup Document Library – Approval Workflow

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup Document Library – Approval Workflow

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jenjamen
      Participant

Hello – Is there any way to launch an Out of of the Box SharePoint workflow for a document when displaying the document in another list using vLookup of a library?

I have a list (requests) that contains a vLookup to Staging Documents library, where they can add Documents to the library from the request using the vLookup. I would like them to be able to manually start a workflow to get approval on that document without having to go to the library and find the document to launch the workflow.

I have attached screenshots of my vLookup in the Request and my OOB workflows.
      Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I haven’t tried to do this myself, but if it is a SP 2013 workflow it might be possible using this approach, but I’m not sure if this is possible to do from the vLookup table.

If you are able to create a button in the document DispForm to start the workflow using the example code I linked above I can help you create a button in the vLookup table to open the DispForm and let you trigger the function.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.