vlookup + disable parent field until all child statuses are complete

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vlookup + disable parent field until all child statuses are complete

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

I have a vlookup set up between Managers (Parent) and Associates (Child) lists. I have a field on the child list called “Status” that is set to “Incomplete” by default but auto-sets to “Complete” when the associate submits their tasks. On the parent list, I have a checkbox (multi-choice field but only one choice) for the manager to acknowledge and submit when all their associates have completed their tasks.

As I’m still a beginner through much of this, is there any code, rule, or combined solution that disables the checkbox, on the parent list, until all of their Associate’s statuses (on the child list) are set to “Complete?” Then, once they are all completed, the checkbox would be active to the manager, and required for them to check and submit?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have answered a similar question here: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/vlookup-validating-1-boolean-toggle-field-is-yes/

It will not disable the choice field, but will prevent you from saving the item.

Look at this example and let me know if you have any questions.

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

Thank you so much! That definitely helped!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.