V6 Charts Stopped Working in IE11

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint V6 Charts Stopped Working in IE11

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian Patrick
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      I have been using Charts V6 for some time on SharePoint 2010 without any issues. Just today all charts have stopped working across the site on IE11 yet they still work on Chrome. As far as I can tell nothing has changed in the setup. The only clue might be the Chart software thinks that I’m running SharePoint 2007 and wants me to add a missing variable in the loader. Only other clue might be this (see attachment) in the IE debug console. Any help greatly appreciated for things to try.
      Kind regards
      Ian

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tested with Emulating “Document mode 8” in my SPO test site and got the exact same error so it seems this might be an issue with IE and the Google Chart API. I see in this page that they have updated the API on January 6, but when using IE v8 (or compatibility mode) I do load an older version.

Not sure what could cause this sudden error, but can you check to see if you might have turned on compatibility mode in your browser – and if so, try turning it off.

I will of course recommend moving to another browser because IE is discontinued, but I realize now everyone have a choice.

Let me know if you have any more information.

Alexander

Ian Patrick
      Participant

Thank you Alexander for getting back to me. I’ve tried the Compatibility settings with not luck. all users are experiencing the same issue so it does look like something that has been deployed recently. Graphs work fine for all users in Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
      Kind regards
      Ian

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The problem is related to an incompatibility with older IE versions (your SP2010 site forces document mode 8).

Just as a test you can hit f12 to bring up the dev console – select “Emulation” and select “11”. I expect this to fix the problem, but unfortunately the emulation don’t stick when you close the dev console.

I’m afraid my best advice is to not use IE withe the charts, but if this is not possible I can try to look into it some more to see if I might be able to force loading of an even older version of the Google Chart API when using IE.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I have had exactly the same problem, last week my work PC had windows updates applied (Windows 7) and all Google charts have stopped working.

I can get them to work in Chrome but I get no vertical scrollbar so that’s a pain.

IE11 has always worked in document mode 8 as we still use SharePoint 10 (due to change to 2019 in a few weeks).

I assume the update to windows was the the thing that killed Google charts but I don’t know what I can do about it!

Does everyone else running SharePoint 2010 have the missing vertical scrollbar in Chrome?

Cheers,
      Phil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t have access to any SP 2010 sites at the moment – is it in the charts or in SharePoint in general your scrollbars are missing?

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I’ve realised that some pages containing charts have a vertical scrollbar and some don’t and it looks like the pages with a sidebar menu have a scrollbar and those pages that have no default left navigation menu don’t have a scrollbar.

Phil Grant
      Participant

Found out that if the page is a webpart page then there’s no side navigation menu and no scrollbar, if the page is a normal page then the menu appears and the scrollbar.

Phil Grant
      Participant

My next problem is now that when I open the item in the list the form sticks on the splash screen and eventually times out, this happens on Chrome and Firefox, I have to copy the link to the list item an open it with IE.

If I uninstall DFFS from the list it opens the item fine.

Could it be something I’ve added into the DFFS form JavaScript ??

Anyone else come across this issue?

This is driving me crazy!!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell without looking at it, but if you could check the developer console by hitting F12 > Console when you try to open the form it might give some clues.

Please start a new thread as this one is related to charts and not DFFS.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Did anyone ever find out any more information on this?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.