Using {timestamp} in custom js

Forums Classic DFFS Using {timestamp} in custom js

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jon Mortimer
      Participant

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question. I’ve checked the forum and just could not find anything. Is there a way to use the {timestamp} variable in the custom js? I have custom js that adds a date/time (format: Sat, Feb 3 08:23:56 EST 2018) but it is scrambled and does not match the formatting used in the {timestamp} variable (Saturday, February 3, 2018 08:23:56 EST) and want them to be consistent.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can use this snippet to insert a timestamp in Custom JS:

spjs.dffs.buildValStr("{timestamp[dd.MM.yyyy hh:mm:ss]}");
      // Outputs 03.02.2018 16:27:06

Alexander

Jon Mortimer
      Participant

How do I make this output as: Saturday, February 3, 2018 08:23:56 EST

I tried adjusting the variables (as I would in Javascript) but it doesn’t seem to follow the same format?? Again, sorry for the novice questions and appreciate what you’ve done with the software and the great support.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The DFFS method only supports numeric values for day and month. To get this format you must either write a custom function or use the date methods in the browser (behaves a bit different in different browsers so please test it in all relevant browsers). Have you tried the built in method:

var date = new Date();
      var options = { weekday: 'long', year: 'numeric', month: 'long', day: 'numeric', hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit', second:'2-digit', timeZoneName:"short"};
      console.log(date.toLocaleDateString('en-US', options));

Please note that this does not work properly in Internet Explorer

You find more info here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Date/toLocaleDateString

Alexander

Jon Mortimer
      Participant

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I figured it out. I don’t think I was clear in my original email.

In any event, I changed what you sent to just spjs.dffs.buildValStr(“{timestamp}”); and this provided me exactly what I needed, no need to modify the formatting at all. It outputs as Saturday, February 3, 2018 08:23:56 EST.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.