User Field Rule (onChange) Multiple Calls

Forums Classic DFFS User Field Rule (onChange) Multiple Calls

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ross
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Overview

Rules with User fields with on change triggers cause unexpected results that make multiple calls to functions/alerts etc.

In Internet Explorer and Edge (Chromium v88) the screen also flickers briefly which is very distracting for users but not a breaking bug.

Environment

• SharePoint 2010
      • Document Mode 10 (for IE only)
      • Internet Explorer 11 (in 10 mode)
      • Edge Chromium v88
      • Chrome v90 (no screen flickering issues)
      • DFFS Release Date (Production Version): DFFS_2021-05-10

Replicating the Issue

1. Create a list with a user field
      2. Create rule that triggers on user field change and displays an alert of “Rule Called”
      3. Open the form and enter a valid user. The alert should be displayed
      4. Clear the user by using the delete/backspace key
      5. The alert will be displayed.
      6. Wait for a few seconds and the alert will be displayed again

I have had issues replicating the screen flickering issue but can provide a video soon (new computer and no video capture software installed today).

Testing

I have replicated the issue on our development environment which you have access to via the VPN.

The URL ends with …tpoint/sites/dffs but I can email you the address if you don’t have it handy (don’t want to write it in here).

If you do want to check it out I have added instructions on the home page of the site.

If there is anything else I can provide that will help, please let me know.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Ross.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Ross.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have successfully logged in and applied a fix – please clear the browser cache and ensure the version is 4.4.5.25 – May 17, 2021

I have only addressed the multiple alerts – if you still have the flickering issue please show me a video (you can upload it to your SharePoint site and I’ll check it there).

Alexander

Ross
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Thanks again for the very quick response.

All testing on the dev server looks good and the screen flicker seems to have gone.

I will deploy it to the production environment to and let you know if there are any issues.

Really appreciate the fix.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll include this fix in the next release, but you can copy the DFFS_frontend_min.js (the only file changed) to your production site to test it.

Alexander

Ross
      Participant

Deployed to production and the issue has been resolved.

The screen flickering was hard for the users to ignore so thanks again for a quick fix.

I did upload the video of the issue to the /sites/dffs home page if you were interested to see the issue you fixed.

On a side note, please feel free to use that site collection for any SPJS related testing until the magically day comes where IE and SP2010 is no longer in use!

Cheers,

Ross

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Thanks – I looked at the video and I agree that was hard to ignore – I’m happy it went away with the fix.

I’ll keep the login for any future testing, but I must admit that I don’t do any extensive testing in SP 2010 unless I address any specific issues – so please let me know if you find any bugs.

Best regards,
        Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.