Upload multiple files

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Upload multiple files

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

Is there a way to use vLookup to upload multiple files (from new or edit forms) to a document library from a list item and add information in those files to relate them back to the list item? I understand if vLookup does not do this, but do you have any ideas on a work-around, maybe using a workflow, that could do this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you create a new folder from the vLookup interface and add the “connection metadata” to this folder, any documents uploaded to this folder will then be shown in the vLookup parent item as if they had metadata directly on the file.

With this approach you can create the folder from vLookup, and then open the folder in a new window (link from vLookup when hovering over the folder), and upload the documents using the standard SharePoint interface.

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

Thank you so very much for this awesome solution! One question – is there a way, once you upload the files and they are attached, to have a button (like the magnifier) that allows you to open the file, instead of opening the document library item properties it is associated with? I love that there is a way to see the properties, but I would like to be able to view the file from there as well (particularly images). Is there a way to set this up from the open form of the parent list?

chgrnet
        Participant

I figured out how to make this work, so no need to respond. Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay, I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.