Unlicensed user issue

Home Forums Modern DFFS Unlicensed user issue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Penland
      Participant

I am encountering an issue I am struggling to properly address, and I was wondering if you might be able to resolve it in code or have any suggestions. We have modern DFFS handling forms on some lists which have people fields. When a user leaves our company, their account is disabled, and their license is removed. I am finding when a form is edited which includes one of these disabled and unlicensed users, the form cannot be saved because of an error in the “validateupdatelistitem” call that occurs prior to the form being saved. The error is, “We couldn’t find an exact match.”

I have also noticed that when one of these users exist in a list item, they do appear in the display form, but when I go to edit the form, the user does not appear in the people field because they did not resolve properly in the people picker. However, unless I modify the people field, the unresolved user will be sent to the “validateupdatelistitem” endpoint—even though they are not visible in the edited form—and cause the error explained above.

I can see the network calls to “_api/SP.UI.ApplicationPages.ClientPeoplePickerWebServiceInterface.clientPeoplePickerSearchUser” where the unlicensed users return empty values and the licensed users return all the data the people picker needs. Is it possible for you to handle removing users who do not resolve when the edit form loads the people fields so they are not passed to “validateupdatelistitem” prior to saving?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Hi,
          Which version of Modern DFFS are you running?

Alexander

Joe Penland
          Participant

I can upgrade to the latest if needed.

Alexander Bautz
              Keymaster

I did one change in v1.0.67.0, but I’ll look into it again and se if I can get a fix into the next upcoming release. I plan to release it over the weekend.

Alexander

Joe Penland
              Participant

Thank you. I’ll test it out as soon as I see it.

Alexander Bautz
                Keymaster

I have included a fix for this issue in the new v1.0.71.0 – see change log here – Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.