This Took Forever Overlay

Forums Classic DFFS This Took Forever Overlay

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric Dickerson
      Participant

I have a client who get’s the Took Forever overlay quite often… looking at the console when the overlay shows on the new form I see this error:

jquery.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
      send @ jquery.js:4

A reload showed this one as well:
      Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “https://advancedhp.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/images/blank.gif?rev=45”.
      SPClientRenderer.RenderReplace @ clienttemplates.js:1
      RenderClientForm @ clientforms.js:1
      (anonymous) @ NewForm.aspx?Source=…9}&RootFolder=:2844

I recall seeing at some point that there was a js script / line of custom code that could wait longer for the form to load… I can not find that anywhere… did I imagine it?

Thanks in advance!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Is this a large / complicated form that does load correctly if you wait long enough, but takes longer than the default timeout set for the overlay?

Which version of DFFS are you running?

Alexander

Eric Dickerson
      Participant

Yes it is “large / complicated”… at least by my standards…
      List is 140 columns and 23 lookups…

New form is 3 Tabs, 12 vLookups, 12 lines of custom JS (co-lookup via .find(“select”).change(function(), plus a lot of headings, etc.

Is that large / complicated? lol

It loads correctly if it does not time out.

I may have solved or reduced the problem on my own… this list has had DFFS upgraded over the years from and early version and it had this in the “load these first” section of Custom JS:

/cs/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/jquery-1.10.2.min.js
      /cs/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/SPJS-utility.js
      /cs/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/PullInformationFromConnectedList.js
      /cs/SPJS/DFFS/plugins/jquery.js
      /cs/JQuery/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js

Since removing those I have not seen the issue on the new form (but I don’t load them often)

DFFS backend v4.4.3.43

Would love to know if there is a way to keep the time out from happening (for this or any version… for this or some other situation).

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m happy to hear the form behaves better. I’m 100% sure the problem is related to loading jQuery multiple times. It is loaded by default when DFFS is initiated, and in your example two more times in the field above Custom JS. The loading of jQuery multiple times will mess with things already loaded that depends on jQuery and will cause errors that you will see in the developer console (hit F12 > Console).

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.