tabFormValidation

Forums Classic DFFS tabFormValidation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

I have 5 number/% fields that in some cases need to add up to 100%. I have a custom function that when that is the case and they don’t add up to 100 it hides the save button and shows a message. The question is would it be possible to, on save, to show the dffs_statusBanner? I can use custom js to add the divs unless there is already a built in function to do that too?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you mean, but the function you refer to is only used for the empty field validation and will auto-hide if you try to call it when there are no elements in the page with the class “dffs_emptyRequired”. This means you can fool it by adding an element in the page with this class – for example in your validation message and then call the function like this:

spjs.dffs.dffs_statusBanner("Label", "Inner text");

Alexander

Kasey
        Participant

Thank you! This is exactly what I was after. Just FYI, what I have now is a form where no fields are required but a ready flag is not editable until a specific list of fields have been answered. With this solution I created a button to check which fields haven’t been answered yet and show it in your banner. Kind of an on the fly user enabled field validator. Thanks again!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Good idea! – if you are able to post some code snippets to show what you have done I’m sure others would be able to use this approach.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.