Support for language (pt-PT)

Forums Classic DFFS Support for language (pt-PT)

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      DevAmb
      Participant

Can you please translate the text “You must specify a value for this required field.” to “Campo de preenchimento obrigatório.” in a next update.
      Is there in version 4.4.4.25 any way to translate the text through customJS?

DevAmb
      Participant

Hi.

Is there a field in the vLookUp configuration where the text “View item” corresponding to the magnifying glass tooltip can be translated?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sure, I’ll change this label in the next release. You can also change it by adding a variable to your custom js as described here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-user-manual/#Tips_and_tricks

The view and edit item labels in vLookup can by translated by adding this to your custom js:

var L_ViewItem_Text = "Add View item label here";
      var L_EditItem_Text = "Add Edit item label here";

These variables existed in out of the box SharePoint earlier and I wasn’t aware that they no longer was included and therefore the automatic localization of them no longer worked.

Alexander

DevAmb
      Participant

Thanks.

Just one more question.

Can these variables be declared in an external JS loaded in MasterPage since the texts are common to all the forms or must they be mandatory declared in each customJS of each form?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ll get them fixed so that they are automatically localized (based on internal SharePoint localization files) in the next version (maybe later today).

Alexander

DevAmb
      Participant

If I upgrade from version 4.4.4.25 to the latest version, that already has these variable situations, do I have to remove the instructions for the Boolean fields “spjs.dffs.stringToBoolean” from customJS? Will the new version also address the issue of boolean fields?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The new version will address that also, but you can keep your code in custom js – it will not interfere with the updated version so you don’t need to remove it.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.