Suggestion for revision to naming convention for the ModernDFFS User Manual

Forums Modern DFFS Suggestion for revision to naming convention for the ModernDFFS User Manual

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

Alex;

I’m just now getting a chance to start learning Modern DFFS, and I’m seriously impressed!! I look forward to becoming as comfortable with Modern DFFS as I was with Classic DFFS. One small suggestion: I love that you update the user manual so often. I’ve seen three versions of it now (I may well have missed some). My suggestion is to change the naming convention of the manual to ModernDFFS_UserManual_[year].[month].[day]. I think that would make it easy for users accustomed to either the US date format or the European date format to know exactly what date is being referred to.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks!
      I’ll try to get the naming changed for the next revision – I didn’t really think of it as versioning, but changed the name to prevent caching (the browser loading the old one) when publishing changes.

Alexander

Wendi Watson
      Participant

Hello, I am looking for the ModernDFFS user manual to see how to change the color text for field labels. Can you point me to where it is?

Keith Hudson
      Participant
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The user manual does not specifically mention how to change the color, but to change for one field you just right click on the field > Field Properties > Field label style:

color:red;

You can change the color on all field labels by adding this to your custom css:

.formLabel_SUFFIX{
        color:red!important;
      }

Alexander

Wendi Watson
      Participant

Thank you Alexander, this works perfectly. I am not sure this is the right forum, but in a multiline field, how would I add a table into it so that it comes up as a template table in that field with each new item? Would that go in the Custom CSS or within the field itself?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

You can create a rule that triggers on “Form is loaded” and use the “Set field value” action to insert the HTML code – something like this (I inserted a table in a multiline text field and then used the Tools menu > Source code to get the HTML code):

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 99.7692%;" border="1">
            <colgroup>
                <col style="width: 33.2564%;">
            </colgroup>
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td>Column A</td>
                    <td>Column B</td>
                    <td>Column C</td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td> </td>
                    <td> </td>
                    <td> </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td> </td>
                    <td> </td>
                    <td> </td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>

Alexander

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Fixed HTML code
      Wendi Watson
      Participant

Perfect again, this works great, thank you!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.