Strange bug found in 1.0.17.0 with vLookup

Forums Modern DFFS Strange bug found in 1.0.17.0 with vLookup

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Hi,
      I found a strage bug.
      I have a form with 5 lookup fields on it.
      1. Lookup with values from list 1
      2. Lookup with values from list 2
      3. Lookup with values from list 3 but filtered by the “parent” value as selected in Lookup 2
      4. Lookup with values from list 2
      5. Lookup with values from List 3 but filtered by the “parent” value as selected in Lookup 4

(List 3 contains a lookup to list 2 which is the “parent”)

I also have a vLookup on this form and I have enabled the “New” button to create a new version of the same list item. I want to transfer Lookups 1, 2 and 4 into the new list item.
      This WORKS perfectly but here is the bug:

In the new item Lookups 1, 2 and 4 are all populated correctly. However, for this new item the options in Lookup 3 are NOT correctly filtered. The options shown are repeating sets of the options I want.

Stangely when I use Lookup 5 the options ARE filtered correctly by the selection in Lookup 4

Summary: The behaviour is correct for the new Lookup 5 but incorrect for the new Lookup 3

Hope that all makes sense to you Alexander.
      Best regards and congratulations on such an great product.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ll have to try to recreate this in a test site to try to figure it out. Can you send me some screenshots of each of the lists so I can see the structure of the data and also the configuration of each of the lookup columns.

Include also the error / repeating sets of options in the number 3 lookup.

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

I’ll have to make you a small movie and send it over as it is quite complicated and difficult to explain in text.

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Strangely I can’t repeat it now! Shelve it for the time being and I’ll report if I see it again.
      Thanks Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, thanks for the update.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.