Starting to see this error message on any DFFS-enabled site

Forums Modern DFFS Starting to see this error message on any DFFS-enabled site

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Alexander, while working on a site with version 1.0.37.0 on it, I started seeing this error message on list load: ‘Expected double-quoted property name in JSON at position 17433 (line 224 column 10783).’

Reverting to the previous version I was running (1.0.31.0) doesn’t help, but removing DFFS entirely from the App Catalog does help.

I can’t prove that this is related to DFFS in any way, but it’s the only common factor I’ve found between lists that throw the error and those that don’t.

I’ve tried switching to 1.0.32.0 and 1.0.38.0 and nothing changes.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It is a caching issue in the browser that causes the error when you update the version.

Either wait 10-15 minutes for the indexedDB to auto-refresh, or hit F12 to bring up the developer tools, click the Application tab and then Strorage and click “Clear site data”. See attached image for details.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have created a support ticket with Microsoft regarding this bug as it also happens when I build the “HellowWorld” example List View Command Set extension.

See my support ticket below for details (it seems to only occur in Google Chrome).

Best regards,
      Alexander

Support ticket registered with Microsoft
      When deploying a ListView Command Set extension on SharePoint Online (/_vti_pvt/service.cnf vti_extenderversion:SR|16.0.0.24301), a list that has a lookup column to another list in the site throws a “Something went wrong” error like this if you reload a list view of the list:
      Expected double-quoted property name in JSON at position 29738 (line 563 column 10162)

This only happens in Google Chrome (currently tested in Version 119.0.6045.160 (Official Build) (64-bit)). It does not happen in Edge (Version 119.0.2151.58 (Official build) (64-bit)) or FireFox (119.0.1)

From what I have found, it is related to IndexedDB > ODSP_DB and it goes away after 10-15 minutes or if I clear the site data (F12 > Application > Storage > Clear site data).

The error can be reproduced by building the HellowWorld example from this site: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/extensions/get-started/building-simple-cmdset-with-dialog-api

As mentioned, clearing the site data or waiting 10-15 minutes fixes the issue, but you can make it reappear by going to the app catalog, selecting the app and go to the “Deploy” button in the banner and redeploy it. Return to the list view of the list containing the lookup column and the error is back.

Please note that it only happens when the sppkg file is built and installed to either the tenant app catalog of a site collection app catalog and not when using “gulp serve”.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.