SPJS Chart v6 .1.3 : Table Chart Filter Other Chart Issue

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint SPJS Chart v6 .1.3 : Table Chart Filter Other Chart Issue

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexandader,

Firstly, thank you so much for the great work.

I a page I have total 5 charts. 3 of column charts and 2 table charts.

1 chart on the top is the main chart which has a filtering and the rest of the 4 charts (2 colum and 2 table) are taking filter in the parent chart.

The issue is that all the column charts are filtering but the table chart doesn’t filter at all and it shows everything.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Jhap.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I found one small bug that will give an error in the dev console like “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot create property ‘filterOperator’ on string”, but I’m not sure this is the issue. Are you 100% user you have set the correct filter for the table charts so it connects to the parent?

Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

Do you have the chart with the filters in the top of the page and the other below?

Alexander

Jhap
      Participant

HI Sir Alexander,

Yes I am sure I used

{"master":"parent_chart"}

My chart structure in the page is vertical arrangement :
      column type parent chart (has a filter)
      column type chart (it connect correctly to filter in the parent chart)
      column type chart (it connect correctly to filter in the parent chart)
      table type chart (it connect to parent chart for filter but doesn’t filter)
      table type chart (it connect to parent chart for filter but doesn’t filter)

==============================================================

Yes it has an error as per the screenshot.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Please try v6.1.5 to see if it behaves better.

Alexander

Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

THank you so much Sir.

Yes there is no more error when I checked in developer tools (F12), but I noticed that on my 5 charts only total of 3 charts are working in additional chart filtering.

As I described in the attached image parent chart and 2 other chart below the parent chart are working fine with filtering and the rest of the charts below are not filtering.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Jhap.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you email me some more screenshots of the chart setup for the first chart (with the filters) and the first of the charts that does not filter? – Include a screenshot of the layout in the page when you have it in “edit-mode” so I can see how the webparts are arranged.

Are all charts from the same dataset (list)? – if not, maybe the fieldinternalnames of the columns are not the same so that filter doesn’t work?

Alexander

Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

My charts are vertically arranged as I have illustrate in the image above.

All my charts and filterring are working very fine in SPJS Chart v5.x.x. So these are the same list and charts which I upgraded to SPJS Chart v6.1.5.

In SPJS v6.x.x the filterring now is automatic and that very nice of you to have this feature. The only I changed in my charts configuration is the filtering. My parent chart filter is dynamic filter. The rest of the charts below the parent chart connect the filterring to the parent chart using this command {“master”:”CHART_1″} and the filter column I used are available in all of the list that using a chart otherwise my charts wont work anyway in SPJS Chart v5.x.x if that is the case.

I will be back to office on Sunday though so I could not provide now a screenshot. For now I will just illustrate my page and this is how my page looks like. My chart webpart are arranged vertically.

| |
      | Chart_3 (column type chart) |
      | |
      | Chart_4 (column type chart) |
      | |
      | Chart_5 (table type chart) |
      | |
      | Chart_6 (table type chart) |
      |______________________________|

CHART_1 using dynamic filter and the rest of the charts CHART_2, CHART_3, CHART_4, CHART_5 and CHART_6 connect the filter to CHART_1 with filtering command {“master”:”Chart_1″}.

Given the scenario, CHART_1 showing the filter droplist. When I select any filter option in the droplist the CHART_1 is filtering good and so the CHART_2 and CHART_3 goes along correctly, but CHART_4, CHART_5 and CHART_6 is not filterring along as the CHART_2 and CHART_3 does.

NO ERROR shows in developer tools (F12).

I hope my long story is clear ^_^

Thank you so much Sir.

Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

Here are the screenshot of my chart.

Just to correct. Master chart and 1 chart below the master chart are the one working only for filtering. The rest of the charts are not filtering though it showing the word FILTERING when I select any option in the droplist filter of the master chart

Thanks a lot.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thanks for your patience. I have been able to recreate the issue and will get it fixed.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.