SPJS Chart v5 – Chart ID conflict

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint SPJS Chart v5 – Chart ID conflict

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

I noticed that I have 10 charts in single page and the Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_1 and Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_10 are conflicting to each other.

The configuration of Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_10 is loaded to Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_1 and the Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_10 does not have ellipsis icon to click.

Then when I refresh the page, the Chart ID: Pages_safer0_aspx_1 it shows This chart has not been configured.

Regards,

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback – I’ll address this in the next revision (the first “prod” version).

PS: I would not recommend putting 10 charts in one page due to increased loading time.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

Is the isse addressed in BETA 5? I have applied BETA 5, but the chart ID numbering issue still exist.

Thank you.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but this is not fixed in the current BETA. It will be fixed in the prod release that I’m hoping to get out in the beginning of next week.

Alexander

Jhap
      Participant

Hi Sir Alexander,

I noticed that if the page has already a chart/s and if I add new chart the Chart ID got rearranged autmatically.

Example: I already have 4 charts (Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_0, Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_1, Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_2, Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_3) in a page and I added new chart above the already available Chart ID got rearranged by itself.

So the newly added chart got the Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_0 and used the already configured chart configuration with Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_0 and the previous Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_0 got the configuration of Chart ID: Pages_Default0_aspx_1 and so on.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately this is “by design”. In the pre v5 versions I used the GUID of the web part (32 character string of numbers and character) as identifier, but this messed up when saving the site as a template as this GUID was regenerated.

I might rework this in a later version (most likely creating an app for SP 2130 / 2016 later this year).

The best I can offer right now is to use the “Export/import” tab to move the chart up or down to a new placeholder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.