SP List with multiple Tabs not rendering editable attributes

Forums Requests SP List with multiple Tabs not rendering editable attributes

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashwani Handa
      Participant

I have a SP List with multiple tabs on Edit Form. When it renders the page the editable attributes are not rendered well the first time. When I click again then the attributes displayed are rendered well. Basically tab is showing non editable fields as editable when the page loads for the first time

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not 100% sure I understand what you mean, but could it be a problem with conflicting rules setting the fields to readonly / editable?

Alexander

Ashwani Handa
      Participant

Please see attached document for the issue I have. It has screen shots explaining how non editable fields are coming as editable

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I suspect it has something to do with the setup of your rules so I need to see a screenshot of the rules that make the fields readonly.

Alexander

Ashwani Handa
      Participant

See attached the Rules setup for Edit Form

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

On all the rules you must check the “No reversing of this rule” – if not, all the rules that are NOT matched will be reversed (making all fields in the readonly section editable).

Alexander

Ashwani Handa
      Participant

Alexander, good suggestion. That seem to have worked. Thanks a lot.

Ashwani Handa
      Participant

Sorry I tested after making those changes, now initial rendering of tabs is good but when I move between tabs then attributes are not rendered well. Seeing two issues when moving between tabs
      1. Hidden field on one tab remains hidden for another tab where it should be visible
      2. Editable fields become non editable when moving between tabs and not functioning as intended

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

When you use the “No reversing of this rule” only the rule that is actually triggered will take effect. This means you must set ALL visible, editable, readonly (and so on) fields that is supposed to be in the tab in each rule.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.