Settings

Forums Comment box for SharePoint Settings

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mchawla
      Participant

Hello,

Can you please explain the following settings, and what values we need to pass?

“moderatorGroupIDorUserID”:[],
      “restrictWriteAccessToGroups”:[],

Also, like we have the setting, authorCanEdit, is it possible to have something like authorCanDelete? So that authors are allowed to delete their own comments?

Is there a setting available for “leave a comment” text area to be expanded by default?

The icon “Toggle notification on new comments” is a bit hidden. Is it possible to bring it out of the line, “Leave a comment” and place it on the same line as “Number of comments”, perhaps align right?

Thanks,
      Mukesh

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by mchawla.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by mchawla.
      AdamP
      Participant

Some of these are in the installation guide with descriptions;
      https://spjsblog.com/commentbox-for-sharepoint/installation-manual/ under the section for ‘configuration options’

The group/ID is the underlying sharepoint ID number from the user information list. Multiple can be added separated with commas.

For text area expanded by default – try the ‘textareaVisible’ option

Author to delete is a question for Alexander, but I can’t see how that would easily be achieved – if a parent comment is deleted then child comments would have no item to hang off. Personally I would stick to the default behaviour – authors can edit to remove all text, but any follow up replies would remain unaffected.
      I’ve not used commentbox-for-sharepoint for a while, but I think it’s also advisable to enable versioning on the list when enabling authorCanEdit so that any posted/removed comments can be audited (depending on your usage case).

Adam

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.