Set Value of Auto Complete

Forums Autocomplete Set Value of Auto Complete

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      Is there a correct way to set the value of an Auto Complete field programmatically? If I set the value in Cutsom JS as below, it does not remove the “help text” or trigger the “set field” function of Auto Complete.

setFieldValue("CustomerAccount",getFieldValue("CustomerAccountNew"));

Thanks,
      Wilson

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately you cannot use setFieldValue to set the value of a field enhanced with the autocomplete plugin. If you need to set it programatically you can try setting it BEFORE you call the spjs.ac function to enhance it – and use the reValidateOnLoad setting to have it automatically try to resolve the value.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: See new comment below
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I was wrong! – I did actually add this functionality earlier this year, but forgot to add it to the user manual for the AC plugin and only documented it in the ChangeLog.

I have now updated the user manual with the correct function call to user.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexander

Filipe Ribeiro
      Participant

Hi Alexander

It works fine in case you’re not feeding other fields. I got the setFieldValue on Autocomplete working but the autocomplete does not update the others fields is using to fill up values thorough setFields 🙁 any suggestion ?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ll have to look into that and if it’s broken I’ll fix it in the next version.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have fixed a bug in the script and will try to get a new version of the DFFS package released later today.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Here is the new version: https://spjsblog.com/2020/02/13/dffs-package-updated-to-v4-4-4-23/

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.