Save for later Button

Forums General discussion Save for later Button

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Is there a way to add a button that will say “Save for later”, button that will change a Boolean value to Yes and then save the item/form.

Say I have a boolean column called: “Save for later”. I will program my Flow to ignore this task if this column has a value “Yes”.

Can I add a button, rather than a field/option, that will change the value to Yes in the background, and then saves the form?

When the item is edited and the creator clicks on Submit (or save) button, the value would change to “No”.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Add this to your Custom JS:

// When loading the form it should set the boolean column to false
      setFieldValue("SaveForLaterBoolean",false);

// Insert button
      jQuery("input[id$='_diidIOSaveItem']").before("<input type='button' class='ms-ButtonHeightWidth' style='margin-right:4px;' value='Save for later' onclick='saveForLater()' />");

function saveForLater(){
      	setFieldValue("SaveForLaterBoolean",true);
      	spjs.dffs.triggerSave();
      }

Change “SaveForLaterBoolean” to match your boolean field internal name.

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Added spjs.dffs.triggerSave();
      Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Thanks Alexander,

works beautifully πŸ™‚

I knew I could count on you.

Many thanks, as always!

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Alexander, is it possible to have “Save for later” button in DisplayForm?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure how you would use it in DispForm – there is not saving going on there – please explain.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I think what I meant was to be able to re-open the previously closed ticket.

I asked another question in a separate thread, but it’s for EditForm – I asked about hiding buttons based on fields values.

I think once the ticket is closed, I will want to hide Edit Button or change it to Re-open ticket and set the Status value to Open, and to re-open the ticket, the user will only be able to do this from DispForm. Is it possible to do from DispForm?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, you can add a button that calls a function like this:

function reopenTicket() {
          var res = spjs.utility.updateItem({
              "listName": _spPageContextInfo.pageListId,
              "id": spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID,
              "data": {
                  "Status": "Open"
              }
          });
          if (res.success) {
              // Status set successfully
          } else {
              alert(res.errorText);
          }
      }

Change “Status” to match your field name and “Open” to the value you like to set.

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Thanks,
      The only problem I have is that I can’t figure out what is the ID of Edit Button.

I tried this (and few other IDs):

// Insert button
      jQuery("input[id$='_editItem']").before("<input type='button' id='_editItemBtn' class='ms-ButtonHeightWidth' style='margin-right:4px;' value='Re-open this ticket' onclick='saveForLater()' />");

but no luck πŸ™

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You must use the developer tools: right click the button and select “inspect” and you will find the id is dffs_editItemBtn.

The only thing you must do is to set a 1100ms timeout because this edit button is inserted by DFFS after a 1000ms timeout – the extra 100ms ensures your snippet will find it:

setTimeout(function(){
          jQuery("#dffs_editItemBtn").before("<input type='button' id='_editItemBtn' class='ms-ButtonHeightWidth' style='margin-right:4px;' value='Re-open this ticket' onclick='saveForLater()' />");
      },1100);

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Brilliant, this worked. I did try with dffs_editItemBtn, but I was missing the delay function. Thanks again as usual!

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

is there a way to move the additional button (Save for Later) up within the form?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can move an item like this:

jQuery("#Id_of_element_to_move").appendTo(jQuery("#id_of_element_to_move_into"));

Alexander

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.