Rules Mysteriously Missing!

Forums Classic DFFS Rules Mysteriously Missing!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I have been using a virtual workstation that gives me the ability to use Google Chrome while I am building out forms in DFFS. When I use the virtual workstation, the rules that I have created in DFFS are visible and active. When I go to the same SharePoint site on my U.S. Trust B7 Managed Laptop and access DFFS, I get the message that the rules are not configured. Where did they go??? HELP!!!!!!!

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is most likely due to a known bug with DFFS backend in older IE versions (introduced in the latest version) – I’ve fixed it and are working on sorting out a few more quirks before I can release a new version later tonight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
      Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I downloaded the new version and am receiving the same message that the rules are not configured. I spoke with Kasey who helped me ensure that the SPJS files were loaded to my SharePoint site correctly. We’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and verified the list links were correct – all to no avail. The front end is reading the existing configuration list but the backend is not finding list. When I go into the backend, I get the same message – Configuration list missing. Create it? When I click OK, I get another error message – [spjs_AddList] undefined. Are you able to help correct?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you use a “direct to backend” solution, or do you click the “Enhanced with DFFS” below the form to enter the backend configuration?

Could you post the URL for your form when in “frontend” and then the “backend” URL?

Ensure you remove the domain part of the URL – change it to “contoso.com” for example.

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I click the ‘Enhanced with DFFS’ below the form to enter the backend configuration.
      I hope this is the information you are asking for, if not please let me know.
      Frontend List Form URL: http://contoso.com/sites/USTrustNewHire/USTOnboarding/Lists/US Trust New Hires/AllItems.aspx

Frontend New Item (for the list form) URL: http://contoso.com/sites/USTrustNewHire/USTOnboarding/Lists/US%20Trust%20New%20Hires/AllItems.aspx
      – OR –
      Backend URL: http://contoso.com/sites/USTrustNewHire/USTOnboarding/Lists/US%20Trust%20New%20Hires/NewForm.aspx?backend=1&targetList={03b7a179-b7a5-4750-9ea8-8c7ce8e798e7}&targetListBaseUrl=/sites/USTrustNewHire/USTOnboarding&formId=/lists/us%20trust%20new%20hires/newform.aspx&formType=1&saveLastGood=1&Source=http://sharepoint3.bankofamerica.com/sites/USTrustNewHire/USTOnboarding/Lists/US%20Trust%20New%20Hires/DispForm.aspx?ID=6&dsid=115625534495163&sTab=navTab_rules
      – OR – Editing: /lists/us trust new hires/newform.aspx

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The URLs look OK. Please go to “All site content” and see if you have a list named “SPJS DynamicFormsForSharePoint” – do you see it there?

What installation method are you using? – did you use the installer or the CEWP installation method?

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

For clarity, SPJS is loaded to the root SharePoint. The new forms I am creating using DFFS are on a subsite. On the subsite, I do have a SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint list. I did use the installer to initially install DFFS.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This is very strange. Are you able to use DFFS in another list in the same site?

If you bring up the developer tools by hitting F12 > Console – do you see any errors in red there?

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I am using DFFS on another list; however, it is an older version of DFFS (v3.15). Which explains why I am starting over with the latest version. Anyway…there is an error message in the Console, see attached. I hope you can fix it!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This should not be a problem, but may be the reason anyway. Can you try opening the form and right click the form and select “Inspect” on one of the fields (to ensure the console focus is on the dialog if you open the form in a dialog) – then type this in the console:

spjs.dffs.data.settingsListName

If it shows “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings” and not “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” you can try the following:

Go to the old “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings” list, go into list settings and TEMPORARILY change the Title to “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings_old”. The open the form with the new DFFS, click OK to create the configuration list and then change the name of the old list back to “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings” for it to continue working with v3.x of DFFS.

If this works, you will have two lists for DFFS config – one for old version and one for new version. You must then open the config in the old list, copy the “blob” and use the import tab in DFFS to load it back in your new DFFS form and save it correctly in the new configuration list.

Please let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I added spjs.dffs.data.settingsListName to the console per your instructions and received ‘spjs’ is undefined, instead of what your notes indicate. Not sure if I did it correctly or identified an issue? Before I go any further, please let me know your thoughts.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You must enter this when you are in the DFFS enable form. Try opening the NewForm not in a dialog (by entering the URL like /Lists/YourListName/NewForm.aspx) and type it in the console again.

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

Tried again, this is what I received: “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint”
      which is what it should show per your message. Thoughts?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you look at the “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” list and see if you find your lists configuration there (look at the Title field)?

Then look at all site contents and see if you maybe have the old “SPJS-DynRequiredSettings” configuration list there also.

Then go to your form, enter the “backend” where you get the error message and check the list name in the console from there also – does it show the same as in the frontend?

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I can’t locate the old SPJS-DynRequiredSetting, So I assume it is not there any longer. When I go to enter the backend where I get the error message, there is not a name listed in the Console. But the correct list is populated on the top of the backend. Keep in mind that when I enter the backend on my U.S. Trust computer, I am defaulted to IE8. When I change it in the Emulation to Edge the file is NewForm.aspx and then my screen freezes. Not sure if I answered your question?

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for all the back and forth, but this one puzzles me. Can you confirm that it still works if you edit it in Chrome?

Could you check with Kasey to see if he has the same version of IE and if he’s able to edit the form?

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

Yes, it still works when I use the Virtual Workstation and Chrome.
      I believe Kasey already verified DFFS in IE10 and Chrome. I think the U.S. Trust build is the only build that reverts back to IE8 when using DFFS.

I’m going to finish building out my forms in DFFS and see if the forms work on the front side. If I can’t go into DFFS without using a Virtual Workstation and Chrome, but the form essential works, I’m ok with that.

I will let you know how it goes!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I’m for for obvious reasons not able to test it in the “U.S. Trust” build so I’m unable to figure this one out.

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.