Rules issues introduced DFFS_v4.4.4.28_2020-03-17…

Forums Classic DFFS Rules issues introduced DFFS_v4.4.4.28_2020-03-17…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BenR
      Participant

Alexander,

I’ve come across a Rules issue in v4.4.4.28 when compared to v4.4.4.23…

I’ve got a single rule that runs at Form initiated (all other rules are disabled to focus on this issue). This rule sets 20 fields to Read only.

With v4.4.4.23, this works properly – see attachment Rules 4.4.4.23.png.

With v4.4.4.28, the first two fields are set to Read only, but the rest of the fields are not – see attachment Rules 4.4.4.23.png.

I’ve tried variations, some silly (changed field order, renamed fields, removed fields, etc.) but no success to get it to work.

Please let me know what I can do to provide you with more information. As always, your support and efforts are appreciated!

R’grds – Ben.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I did change the styling on readonly fields in DFFS v4.4.4.24 to include a border on number and text fields – are you sure the field are actually editable and not just the border that tricks you?

Alexander

BenR
      Participant

Alexander,

Sorry to have wasted your time… you are right, I was mislead by the visual clue. The styling similarity of the read-only vs. editable field, specifically with number and text fields, lead to me thinking it was a bug. Unfortunately, I feel like I wasted my own time as well.

Not to get all editorial, but I think visual clues are important to the user experience. The difference between read-only and editable could be more than if you can’t place your cursor, it must be read-only. Further, if all fields cannot be styled in a similar way when read-only (date field borders are hidden, while text, number and currency borders are displayed) the UX seems weaker. Okay, I’ll get off the soap box.

As always, I sincerely appreciate your support, efforts, and product – and truly respect your judgment (though maybe not so much this time). I’ll just add a custom CSS entry to hide the border.

R’grds – Ben.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

No problem, I appreciate your feedback and see that this might be confusing. I added the borders for the readonly input fields mainly because I had other users request that in the past, but I’ll see if I can add a setting in the Misc tab to let you select using borders or not.

Add this to your Custom CSS to get rid of the borders:

.dffs-readonly-inner{
          border:none!important;
      }

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.