Rules for Multichoice field options

Forums Classic DFFS Rules for Multichoice field options

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlene
      Participant

I’m having some trouble figuring out how to set this up on DFFS.

I have a multichoice field “Needs” with 8 different “need” options. When the user chooses a “need”, I would like another multichoice field to appear. I figured out how to do this using some rules starting with:

Rule 1:
      If this “Needs” trigger is not equal to any of the options, hide all the additional fields.
      Rule 2:
      If this “Needs” trigger is equal to option 1, option 1’s multichoice field is visible.
      Rule 2:
      If this “Needs” trigger is equal to option 2, option 2’s multichoice field is visible.

The problem I am having is when I choose both options 1 & 2, as soon as I choose option 2, option 1 disappears. How can I make them all show up regardless of the other choice option? Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Which version of DFFS are you using? – I have fixed a few issues with multichoice fields in the latest version of DFFS.

Alexander

Charlene
      Participant

I’m using the one dated 7-17-2017.

Charlene
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

The version is v4.4.3.5. Do I need another version to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This should work, but I think you maybe have interfering rules. Could you post some screenshots of your rules for “need 1” and “need 2” so I can have a look?

Alexander

Charlene
      Participant

I also just updated to the most recent version – v4.4.3.7 to see if I was having the same issue, and it still exists.

Attached are the 3 test rules I’ve tried.
      The 1st one, I am hiding all multichoice fields when nothing is chosen.
      The 2nd and 3rd ones, I am showing the related multichoice fields.

When I choose a 3rd choice, the 2nd field is replaced with the 3rd. Could it be an “overlap” issue? I don’t have any side-by-side settings in place.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you change the first rule to “is equal to” and leave all options unchecked you should get the desired result.

Let me know how this works out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

PS: I did a bit of testing and found that there were a few quirks with the “is not equal” triggers on multichoice fields and will be addressing these in the next revision during next week.

Charlene
      Participant

This worked for me! Thank you!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.