Rule Structure for 3 Field Empties plus one field value

Forums Classic DFFS Rule Structure for 3 Field Empties plus one field value

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Andrew Fletcher
      Participant

Hi –

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but I was trying to setup a combination of rules that worked something like below but everything I’ve tried hasn’t worked. What I’ve got setup / trying to accomplish is the following:

I have an initial tab with 4 fields that use the cascading drop down feature in dffs. I’ll call them F1,F2,F3,F4. The goal end product is to unhide a tab ultimately based on F1 but ensuring F2, F3, and F4 are filled in before showing the tab.

I’ve tried setting up rules at index 0,1,2 that are like if F2 / F3 / F4 is = to <nothing in the text field>. Then index 3 would be if F1 = <value>, show tab 1 with links to rule links to 0,1,2.

The above scenario doesn’t really do anything. All 4 fields (F1-4) get filled in but I can’t get the requisite tab based on rule index 3 / F1 to show.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
      Andrew

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

On your F1 rule you must click the Let linked rules trigger the parent rule on change field below the Linked rules and functions field.

This will let the F2, F3 and F4 rules re-test the rule on F1 when they change – and the F1 rule will trigger if all linked rules (F2, F3 and F4) are evaluated to true.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.