Rule processing and reversing

Forums Classic DFFS Rule processing and reversing

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Yucel Cagri
      Participant

I am trying to get my head around rules processing and reversing. Task in hand is two check two fields, Field1 and Field2, and display heading1 or heading2 respectively if they are different from zero. If either is zero, relevant heading it to remain hidden. I also need some fields to be made readonly for non-zero values of either field.

I created a rule with trigger “Field1 greater than zero” and put heading1 into visible headings box. What I was hoping here for rule to reverse and make the heading hidden for the instances where Field1=0. But this doesn’t work (debug simply says no match).

I also tried to add a rule before, with form ready trigger, to make all headings hidden. Then I found out that they were staying hidden at all times.

Do I get rule reversing wrong ? Is it possible for you to share an example where it applies ?

Many thanks,

Cagri

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      What kind of field is Field1 and Field2? – if they are boolean (Yes/No) you must use true for checked and false for unchecked.

Hover over the help icon for details for each selected trigger.

Alexander

Yucel Cagri
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

They both are numeric fields, and operator I am using is “greater than”. I know trigger works because it there is a match read-only fields activated correctly. However, if there is no match, I am expecting the heading specified under “visible headings” to be hidden due to rule reversal. But they stay visible.

For a match, debug correctly reports a match and lists actions take, for a no-match, it reports no-match and does nothing.

I still might be getting rule reversal wrong.

Cagri

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I didn’t get an email about your follow-up.

I have tested this, and using the attached setup it shows and hides the heading.

Can you test?

Alexander

Attachments:
      Yucel Cagri
      Participant

Hi Alexander, thanks for your response.

Please find attached a more representative example for my issue.

For the values of number > 0; I expect mentioned fields to be required, and heading to stay visible. Both works Ok.

When number = 0; I expect fields to stay optional (works naturally), and heading to be hidden due to rule reversal (doesn’t work).

Please note this trigger is to run only on form load, if it has anything to do with it.

Many thanks,

Cagri

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Oh – I see, I have failed to implement the reversing action “on load” on all the different triggers. I will fix this and release a new version within a day or two.

You can work around this for now by changing the rule to “less than” like in my example above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I forgot to tell that I have released a new version July 31: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-change-log/

Can you test this and let me know how it worked out?

Alexander

Yucel Cagri
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

It works just fine, and per rule reversing setting solves other potential compications.

Thanks a lot

Cagri

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback – I’m glad it worked out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.