Reload vLookup query based on parent field change

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Reload vLookup query based on parent field change

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      avala
      Participant

I’m sorry if I’m overlooking the obvious here but I haven’t managed to find how to do this in the forum or user manual.

I have a vLookup field configured to query the child list based on our CRM Number field. The CRM Number field is initially blank when the forms loads, but is auto-populated through the Cascading Dropdowns plugin. This fails to refresh the query. Any suggestions?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      To have vLookup refresh when you change the trigger field you must set up a DFFS rule that triggers on change of the “CRM Number field”, and calls a custom function.

Add the function name “refresh_vLookupColumn” in the “Run these functions / trigger these rules” field of the “on change” rule in your trigger field, and add this to the Custom JS:

function refresh_vLookupColumn(){
          spjs.vLookup._init("vLookupTest",false,true);
      }

Change “vLookupTest” to match your field name.

Let me kow how this works out.
      Alexander

avala
        Participant

Thanks, Alexander.

I’ve added the function and rule, and the vLookup is refreshing, but the data pulled back is not updating with the new query (same data in vLookup for old value).

I’ve checked to make sure “vLookupTest” was changed to our vLookup column internal name and there are no console errors.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Does the table update if you manually click the circular arrow in the topleft corner of the vLookup table?

If not, could you verify that you have v2.2.70 (July 10, 2016) of vLookup frontend?

Alexander

avala
        Participant

It does not update when manually clicking the refresh icon in the vLookup table.

vLookup frontend v2.2.67

I’ll attempt to update the files later in the evening.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by avala. Reason: Adding image
        avala
        Participant

Version info below.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.